Translate

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Creations Star


The moment that I saw this star in the new Idea Book, I knew I wanted to make one.  Initially I thought that I would do one with the Dakota paper (my favourite paper) but as the ideas started to percolate in my head, I leaned more and more to the La Belle Vie paper.  So instead of the countryish theme that I first thought, it became more and more a feminine theme...flowers, glitter gel and prisma glitter to give it that special femininity.  I used smokey plum ink to color all the edges of the star (somehow it looks a little brighter in the pictures than it is in actuality) and then the desert sand patterned paper as the base of the star.  Flowers (from the black/pink patterned paper) cut from our new Artiste cartridge grace the one point of the star, while on another point the word "welcome" from the Black Glamour Alphabet stickers is the focal point.  I was very pleased with the outcome of this project and very soon it will be hanging on the wall in the front entrance of our home.
The star.
 
 
Closeup of the flowers, leaves and butterfly.
 
Closeup of  "Welcome"
 
Well that is it for today.  I hope you enjoy your day!
 
Lucy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment