Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Avonlea Display Tray

This display tray of my late mother-in-love uses Avonlea.  Avonlea is such a beautiful paper line for anything heritage.  One of the papers even has a family tree on it and I love that.  I used a bit of that particular paper in the first box of the second row to help us remember some of the history of Mom's life.  Pictures of various phases of her life also are included in the display. 





       One thing that I love about this display box is the depth of the cubbies.  You can add dimensional elements to each compartmet and it will look beautiful. That is what I did with some of the roses and leaves  that you can cut with the Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  I also used some of the resin roses and the brads  that come in the Slate Mini Medleys.  A few pearls from the licorice opaques finish this setting off.  A small picture may be added to this box later, but I haven't found the one that is just right yet.



 The other thing that I did that I thought was great to add extra dimension and surprise was to add a flip-flap to the second one on the bottom right side and it will flip up to display some of my mother in law's favourite pieces of jewellry.  I don't want it in full view all the time, so the flip flap was my solution to that.  I have not put the jewelry in there yet so I will not show you a close-up of that yet.
     Other items that were used to make this display were the
Avonlea Complements Canvas ShapesBrocade Assortment, and the Parlour Velvet Rub-Ons, and to finish off this project I made a bow from Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon.
   This tray is going to have a special place in our home.  I love how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.

Have a wonderful day, Lucy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment