Translate

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Watercolour Technique

I was perusing Pinterest the other day and found a pin there that really piqued my interest.   It involved using embossing folders, sponge daubers, dye-based ink and water spritzer.  I set out to trying this out and I loved the end result.   All the 'patterned paper' used in these cards and on the card holder are paper patterns that I created.  How did I do this you may ask?  I got four colours of ink pads that I really liked and 4 sponge daubers and my CTMH embossing folders.   I began sponging ink in small areas (randomly) of one side of the embossing folder.  Once it was covered to my satisfaction I used a spray pen filled with water and lightly misted the embossing folder.  I then laid a piece of white cardstock on top of the embossing folder and firmly pressed it with my hand. 
 I also tried another way of covering the embossing folder with just one colour of ink  on one side and another colour on the other side and then misting them and covering them with white cardstock to get the cotton candy and lagoon papers.  
The result was beautiful (in my humble opinion) and inspired these cards.





Cards with the card holder.




Watercolour technique using the CTMH Quatrefoil Embossing folder and 3 ink colours.  The flower is also done using this technique for the base.


Using the honeycomb folder and 4 colours.

Close up of the watercolor paper.



This card uses paper that has been embossed.  When I was finished with the print in the card above this one, I noticed that there were still a lot of coloured drops of ink in the impressions of the embossing folder.  It looked really neat to me so I grabbed another piece of cardstock and ran it through my embossing machine.  This was the result and I must say I rather like the effect.


Using the damask embossing folder and 1 ink colour.


Using the opposite side of the damask folder and 1 ink colour.  Notice how much airier this side of the folder looks.  It creates a totally different feel.


I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut the pieces for this box and it came together beautifully...spacious enough to hold the 6 cards and envelopes.
This will make a beautiful gift for someone special... and I am thinking that it may make a rather fun workshop where you can make your fingers rather inky and in the end have a beautiful gift for yourself or for someone else.  Let me know what you think.

Have a great day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment