Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Cross Canada Hop: Tis the Season

Welcome to the Cross-Canada Blog Hop!

This month, we are featuring the 'Tis the Season paper pack.

product image
You should have arrived here from Arlene's blog This blog hops runs from East to West across Canada so if you want to start at the beginning, go to Michelle's blog  and she has the entire list of bloggers on her blog. 

'Tis the Season is one of my favourite paper packs in the seasonal idea book.   I love the traditional colours .... throw into the mix some ribbons and pine cones and you have something that is very good for me.

I chose to do a layout and a card for this hop.   
Here is the layout:



I also happen to really like the Shaker Card Thin Cuts.  So I chose to make a couple of them on the layout instead of just putting pictures there.  I think it adds an element of fun to the layout.  I added two with patterned paper behind them to accentuate the gold sequins and one I just left blank for now.  I plan to add a photo there and then will add the sequins to it at that time.

Here is the card.




For the card I used one of the decorative borders thin cuts to make the scalloped edge on the inner paper of the card.  I also chose to focus on a shaker element, using one of the picture my life cards that come in the paper pack.  I added Silver and white sequins this time.  They make me think of snow so they are added to it.  Snow is a part of our Christmases here in Canada and Christmas with snow just makes it so much more...well... just Christmas! 

As you hop through, all the way across Canada, please leave a comment about our artwork.  If you see something that you are interested in, please contact me or your local Close to my Heart consultant for more information.

Please join us again when our theme will be artwork from the 'Oh What Fun' paper pack. In the meantime, head on over to Brandi's blog to see the great artwork that she has prepared for us.


7 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! Love anything shaker card ~ I may have to give this a try ~ adding to a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used the shaker pieces on your layout, that card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of shaker card thin cut on the layout and cards. Great layout and card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love the shaker parts you’ve added too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and shakers, the card is a great reminder to use our borderthin cuts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete