Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Brae-ers Blog Hop: A Taste of Summer

                                           

 Welcome to the Brae-er's team blog hop.  This month we are featuring projects using the Taste of Summer paper pack.If you came from Darcel's blog then you are in the right place.   If you get lost along the way then you can go to Brae's blog where she has the list of all the Brae-er team members who are participating in this hop.  Enjoy!

 I really like the paper...it is so fruity and has such delicious colours.  Fruit is in my favourite food group and I think I would have a major problem if fruit had to be taken away from me.
I chose to do something of a 3-D nature and only used two of the the patterned papers of the Taste of Summer paper pack. I also used cardstock to pair with these papers...and of course the Cricut came into the scene too, with the Artiste cartridge.
With some time and much patience this is what I came up with...

a grapevine wreath bearing one of the first fruits of spring/summer. I always associate strawberries with spring therefore the spring sign on the wreath. I can't wait to pop a real and luscious locally grown strawberry into my mouth this year, but for now this will have to remind me of those delicious berries!

Close-up of the bow at the top of the wreath.


Strawberry made with the patterned strawberry paper in the Taste of
Summer paper pack.

Strawberry made with ruby cardstock and Liquid Glass added to make the strawberry look more authentic. The strawberry blossoms were  made with white cardstock and the use of alcohol markers, topped with some liquid glass to give it some more dimension.
I love the end result of this project and I am excited to be able to share this with you.  I hope that you enjoy it too.

Please us again next month when we will be featuring "In the Home"  CTMH style. 

Now to go onto to  Krista's blog and see the wonderful artwork that she has created for us.  Enjoy the rest of hop and the various artwork featuring the May National Scrapbooking Month Special.
 
 

8 comments: