Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

The Brae-er's May Blog Hop

This month is an exciting one for me.  I love Pinterest  and it has some pretty amazing things on there. This month the Brae-er's team is doing a Pinterest inspired hop.  If you are coming from Heather's blog then you are at the right place.  This is a circular blog hop so you can keep going following all the wonderful work that our team is showing you this month.  If you get lost, you can go to Brae's blog for a complete list of all the participants.  Have fun and enjoy!!

This scrapbook layout is one that I spotted several months ago and wanted to do a layout that was inspired by it.  Thanks Jules,  for the inspiration!

 
 
 
 
So this is my version of that layout.  It took me longer to do than I anticipated but the finished page was so worth it.
  
 
 

 
A closer view of the flower clusters.  I used lots of foam tape to give the flowers more depth and dimension. (It is a little hard to see on this picture though.) 
 
     Materials used in this layout are totally CTMH, even the thread used on the edges of the layout.  I used black embroidery floss.   But first I used our great distressing tool to rough up the edges.  This tool made it so easy to make these rough edges.(Be prepared for a mess on your clothing when you do this).  Making the space for the photo was somewhat more challenging than I thought it would be but I was pleased with the end result.   I also used the Girl's Rock stamp set for the flowers.  The script scattered throughout the layout is from Universal Backgrounds and Distressed Backgrounds.   Leafy stems throughout the layout are cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  Other product used in this layout include mini medley accents, chevron ribbon, small clear flourishes and canvas shapes.
  
      The next stop in this hop is Tamara's. Go and see what she has created for us this month.  I am sure that you will enjoy her artwork.  As usual, we hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… be sure to come and visit again next month when we will feature summer themed projects.
 
Have a wonderful day!!
 
Lucy :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments: